All you need is love…but sometimes a lunch break works too. Check out one of these must-try lunch spots in the Peoria Area to curb your midday cravings, you won’t regret it!
1. Zero to gyro! // Khoury’s Cuisine in on North University Street is a great option for lunch! With a casual Greek, Lebanese, and Mediterranean specialties, this . From eggs benedict and crepes to sandwiches and salads, you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
Try the Khoury’s salad, the super gyro special, the kibbeh sandwich or the grape leaves!
2. The best things in life are fry! // If you’re looking to try something different, The Fry Spot is the perfect place for you! Newly opened, The Fry Spot serves freshly cut loaded fries, seafood and pasta. Are you an alfredo fan? Their range of alfredo pasta will leave you speechless.
Try the gumbo fry or the lobster and shrimp alfredo!
3. Get a slice of this! // I think we can all agree that pizza is an important diet staple! Double A’s Pizza Sports Bar and Grill has a great pizza lunch buffet for a quick lunch spot. If you’re not a fan of pizza, the menu also has a range of burgers, sandwiches, salads, and calzones.
Try the white garlic pizza, Big M”AA”C calzone, and the butterfly pork chop sandwich!
4. Meat me in paradise! // Calling all meat lovers! Country Club BBQ serves mouth-watering barbeque meals, meat plates, wings, wraps and tacos. Its brisket and pulled pork are tender and packed with flavor. It will definitely leave you wanting more!
Try the loaded beef + sausage with the loaded baked potato.
5. Oki doki, give me some poke! // Dang Banh Mi & Poke is a local favorite among both Peorians and Bradley students. This one-of-a-kind spot has large portions, fresh flavors, and boba teas. Dang Banh Mi & Poke never disappoints!
Try the signature poke bowl, classic banh mi sandwich, and a Thai milk tea with brown sugar boba!
6. Bring the heat! // Have a taste of the Caribbean right here in Peoria! The Jerk Hut is locally owned and serves authentic Caribbean food including curry, tacos, jerk, wings, potatoes and more. It also has tasty vegan options.
Try the curry shrimp or the jerk catfish but be ready for Jerk Hut to bring the heat!
7. Live life on the veg! // If you’re looking for a healthier option, check out EatAndEvolve in Junction City! It serves delicious, filling and healthy breakfast and lunch meals with carb-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian options. You can dine in, but they’re also a meal-prep delivery service. The menu changes weekly with plenty of fresh and tasty entrees!
The Peoria Area is packed with unique restaurants and food spots to satisfy whatever flavors you’re in the mood for. Give one of these local restaurants a try the next time your lunch cravings kick in.