OCTOBER 9TH IS INTERNATIONAL BEER AND PIZZA DAY!!
Beer and pizza is one of the most iconic food and beverage combinations loved all around the world. The crunch of pizza crust mixed with cheesy goodness is complimented perfectly when washed down with a crisp beer. In honor of International Beer and Pizza Day, here are 5 joints in Greater Peoria to stop for a mouth-watering pizza and a frosty cold pint.
1. Wood Fired Pizza and Artisan Beer….Yum! // Sugar Wood Fired Bistro, located in Peoria’s warehouse district is a Peorian favorite for gourmet pizza cooked in a traditional wood-fired oven. To get the full experience, you have to pair your pizza with a hand-crafted Artisan beer!
Try the Smokey Pork Chipotle pizza and the Industry I Know The Owner IPA.
2. Stop Drop and Roll into Firehouse Pizza! // Firehouse Pizza & Pub East Peoria is a regional favorite. With homemade dough and original firehouse pizza sauce, it’s a great pairing with an iced cold bottle of brew! Plus, Firehouse Pizza’s restaurant has a fun fireman theme that the whole family will enjoy.
Try the Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza with a classic PBR.
3. Pizza Cooked the Centuries-Old Way! // Brienzo’s in Peoria Heights serves up top-notch, hand-tossed and house-made pizzas. Each pizza is cooked Neapolitan style with a crispy crust and soft bread inside. Pick from a huge list of toppings and grab an iced-cold draft from the tap!
Try the Garlic Alfredo pizza with the Domaine Dupage French Country Ale.
4. Peace, Love and Pizza! // Pizza 150 in Edwards has built its menu around popular favorites with a special Kickapoo flair! With locally sourced ingredients, the pizza is absolutely to-die-for. Don’t miss weekly pizza specials and pair your meal with a beer of choice from a full bar.
Try the Cheeseburger Cheeseburger pizza with the Blue Moon Belgian White Draft.
5. Fresh Pizza All Throughout the Night! // Satisfy your late-night cravings at Hoops Pub & Pizza! Not only is it open until 5:30am so you can enjoy a beer and pizza combo no matter when you’re in the mood, but its tasty pizza will definitely have you coming back for more! You can also order your pizza by the slice.
Try the Taco Pizza with a frosty Budweiser.
Check out any of these local restaurants and eateries and stay tuned for more Peoria Area pizza & beer suggestions!